Skin lightening is a growing trend worldwide. With more popularity comes more companies producing skin lightening products. They try to take their place in the market and spend lots of money on advertising, convincing YOU that their product is best. Skin lightening reviews are important because they help to cut around a lot of the hype and big claims and examine just what these products are made up of, and how exactly they work to lighten your skin.
In each of our skin lightening reviews we have key ranking criteria each product is judged by:
- Effectiveness – The overall quality of the product is based on several factors but often the most important thing to consider is the effectiveness of the skin lightening cream in question. If you want to lighten a dark spot, lighten a large area of skin, or are interested in some kind of bleaching product, the first thing you’ll want to know is if it works on not. This will be explained for you in detail in each product review.
- Ingredients – The effectiveness of any good product depends on high quality (ideally natural) ingredients. Having cheap ingredients can lead to nasty, unwanted side effects like skin damage, irritation, rashes, allergic reactions and other terrible issues. You’ll learn about each ingredient in the skin lightening serum and discover the ways in which it works. Often times you’ll be linked to real scientific data and clinical trials showing how the ingredients are actually able to lighten your skin.
- Speed of Results – Some products can take months to work, others weeks, and others just days before noticeable results. There are many factors at play that determine how fast you’ll see results (including your skin tone) but the most critical thing to consider is the ingredients. Often more harsh ingredients lighten skin quickly, while more mild, herbal ingredients will take a bit longer but have less potential side effects. You’ll want to weigh the pros and cons of each formulation, and we help you break it all down.
- Value – If you’re a little tight on funds don’t worry. There are skin lightening products for all price ranges. Generally the cheaper products use harsher chemicals and bleaching agents to lighten dark skin so pay special attention to what’s in them before you purchase. You should ideally spend a bit more to at least get a mid-priced product, these often have very safe formulations that won’t irritate you skin or cause side effects.
- Safety – Enhancing the beauty of your skin is the primary goal, the last thing you want to do is damage your precious skin! Safety comes first, and we help you understand which products are safe and which to avoid. Remember to always do your own due diligence and research the ingredients for yourself, to be sure you’re 100% happy and confident in the product you choose. Women with allergies to cosmetic chemicals should pay special care to the ingredients of each product.
If you have any questions contact us here.
If you want to submit your own review of your favorite product you’re more than welcome to email us your review for us to post on this site.
We’re always looking for contributors, so don’t be shy! Reach out and join a community of women interested in beauty, cosmetics and enjoying everything life has to offer. We would absolutely love to hear from you!